Hi, I’m Sarah Bickers and I am passionate about helping you declutter. We’ll do this together by helping you let go of any ‘stuff’ that is getting in the way of you enjoying your life. I’m often described as calm and un-shockable. I grew up in a chaotic, messy, but welcoming home – so please don’t worry about how your home looks. I’ve also lived with ADHD all my life, learning to create order out of chaos.
How did I get into decluttering?
As a community physiotherapist I worked with people with disabilities in order to improve their quality of life. After taking time out to have my children I chose to go back to one-to-one working with people. This meant doing something I had always really enjoyed- decluttering!
With three children born in five years, I know a fair bit about juggling. I love working flexibly with families of all ages to simplify the clutter which accompanies normal family life.
Who do I work with?
People of all ages (including children) – and I have a particular interest in helping people who have always been disorganised. I often work with clients with ADHD to help create systems which work for them and reduce their overwhelm.
If you visited my house right now it certainly wouldn’t look perfect, because I believe people are more important than having a spotless house… However things at home do have a place and we always aim to keep clutter at bay.
What else makes me tick?
- Spending time with friends & family- preferably eating well and travelling
- Our lovely dog Rosie- rescued from Greece in 2016
- Community and diversity- learning from people different from me
- Baking sourdough- I’m always aspiring to the perfect loaf!
- Art- I host an annual Open Studio for an artist friend
- I love my garden – we kept bees for many years
The professional stuff:
- Verified member of APDO, the UK’s membership association for decluttering and organising professionals. APDO sets standards, provides professional development and supports the growth of the industry. As a volunteer for APDO for more than four years I also spent over two years as Head of Membership. I trained many new Professional Organisers for APDO on their SAPOB training course. I developed and run the ADHD for Organisers training course.
- The ICD provide education, research, and strategies to benefit people challenged by chronic disorganisation. As a member I study a range of subjects as part of my professional development, as well as learning from other organisers across the world.
- I have Level 1 core skills accreditation to provide executive function coaching (Connections in Mind Foundation).
- Professional Indemnity & Liability Insurance, Westminster Insurance.
- ICO certificate for data protection.
K, Shepherds Bush