At the moment almost all of us are confined to home, and being at home may feel pretty overwhelming. If you are looking for help, I have been working remotely with clients for several years- usually with people who live too far from me for a visit. Virtual organising can be really effective – and you might even decide it works better for you!
How can a professional organiser help you transform your home without actually being there with you? We are usually your ‘on the ground’ help. However virtual organising is more like putting two heads together to tackle a problem.
What can we do?
- Decluttering: We could use the virtual organising session to talk through a particular area, addressing any roadblocks or distractions which might get in the way of finishing the job, how you will measure your success and even discuss storage solutions.
- Paperwork: Now is the perfect time to declutter old files/ piles of paper and get your paperwork organised. You might want to be ahead of the curve for the next tax return (or even finally file last years!).
- Productivity. You may be finding it hard to focus and manage work deadlines, or just feel overwhelmed by the ever-changing priorities for you (and other members of your household). We can use the session to help you work out priorities and get things done.
- Digital organising. Is your computer desktop cluttered and your filing system chaotic? Is your inbox so full you forget to reply to essential emails? Are your photos scattered across your computer so you can’t find them? I can talk you through some simple processes to help you get on top of things.
How long will a virtual organising session last?
The first session needs to be at least an hour to be really effective and most sessions will usually last an hour. (Talking by phone/ Zoom/ FaceTime can be tiring, and you’ll also be itching to get started). You may prefer to book several sessions across a day so you can stay accountable and discuss particular challenges as they arise. Whatever you decide, I aim to be as flexible as possible so you find out what works for you.
I want to book a session- what do I do?
You get a free telephone consultation so just call me on 07914 096405. We’ll talk about what you want from the session and make a plan…
Do I need to buy anything before the session?
Usually we can work with what you have. It’s really useful to have a pen and a way to write notes as we talk, and Post-It notes are really handy (Super Sticky are the best!). If we are focussing on a physical space it may help to clear a ‘working area’; and gather any old boxes/ storage solutions together.
Questions you might ask yourself before a virtual organising session:
Which area do you want to tackle/ what you want to get done?
- What will make the biggest impact? Home/ work life
- What frustrates you/ others?
- If I could solve this, it would mean that…”
- Any specific challenges?
How will you deal with things you no longer want/ need?
If we are using Zoom, make sure you’re registered and you’ve tested the audio/ video before the call starts to make the best use of your time. If using your phone or tablet, just make sure it’s fully charged!
As we start
Since we’re on the clock we want to make the call as effective as possible for you. If that means time to chat first that’s fine- but we’ll want to get to action quickly.